- Upcoming Events
- Weeklong Seminars
- Yeshivat Hadar
- Beyond New York
- Weekly Classes
- מכון הדר ישראל
Manger Winter Learning Seminar
January 7 - 11, 2018
Sponsored by the Manger Foundation
JOIN Hadar's beit midrash in an immersive week of Torah study, prayer, shared meals and conversation. You'll take part in an honest, dynamic, and multi-level exploration of Jewish texts with passionate teachers and committed peers.
CONNECT with an incredible network of Jews, working together to build bolder, more ambitious, and more meaningful Jewish lives.
Stay tuned for our 2018 theme. In 2017, much of our learning focused on money. We asked questions such as:
- What is the Torah's vision(s) of a just economy?
- How much should I be willing to spend on doing a mitzvah?
- What is the function of tzedakah? Can tzedakah address wealth inequality in our world?
- What are the responsibilities of employers towards employees? Employees towards employers? Do consumers have responsibility to enforce work ethics?
- To what extent do I own my money? Does God, or do others, make claims on my money?
Mechon Hadar, meeting in the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023.
TuitionHow much does it cost? $200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
Classes for the week will be taught by our faculty, which may include
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it for me? If you’re ages 18-30 and looking to deepen your Jewish life through learning, prayer and community then yes!
- When is it? January 7-11, 2018.
- How much does it cost? $200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
- Where is it? The program will be held at Hadar's Beit Midrash, housed at the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023
- How do I apply? The application for the 2018 Manger Winter Learning Seminar is now open. Please fill out the application below.
- How can I find out more? Contact Andrew Belinfante (email@example.com)